Vance's CALL resources main page | View Site Index
What is EV Online? | How to get a Yahoo ID and enroll in YahooGroups <-- you are here
Visit the YahooGroups site for EV Online 2002: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline
Visit the main page for associated sites: Webheads in Action | The Human Face of CALL | CALL-IS Academic Session
Here are instructions for enrolling with Yahoo Groups for these sessions, as given in emails by Christine Bauer-Ramazani
Please follow the instructions below to get a YAHOO ID, which you must have in order to belong to a YAHOO! GROUP.
1. Go to YAHOO at http://www.yahoo.com.
2. Click on "Check e-mail" (top of page). This will take you to a screen that says "New to YAHOO".
3. Click "Sign up now" under the Yahoo Mail Free Edition on the New to Yahoo page.
4. Complete the information on the page and click "Submit this form" when you are finished.
After you have obtained a Yahoo ID, here is what you need to do to join the EV ONLINE Yahoo Group. Unfortunately, direct subscription is not sufficient to activate your membership.
1. Go to the web site for our group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline. You will see that the function links on the left are not hyperlinked yet.
2. In the top right-hand corner, click "Join this group". A screen will come up that asks you to sign in with your Yahoo ID and Password. Please complete the information and click "Sign in." This will take you to the group site again.
3. On the group site, click "Join" at the bottom of the screen. This will trigger a message to me, requesting your approval to join the group. I will do so immediately after I receive the message. Due to delays at Yahoo and time differences, this can take a few hours. As soon as I approve your request, the function links (on the left) should be activated as hyperlinks.
4. Visit the site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline to see if your membership has been approved and all the function links are activated.
After your subscription has been approved, you can send a brief introduction of yourself to email@example.com. Your introduction should go to all on the list and you should get a copy.
Use the navigation at the top of this page or your browser's BACK button to return to a previous page
For comments, suggestions, or further information on this
contact Vance Stevens, page webmaster.